Friday, May 13, 2011

Friday the 13th

Strange things happen on Friday the 13th. Or so the urban legend says.

Yesterday I was reading one of my new favorite blogs and was struck by this reply in a comment made by the author:

"blame is common, thank-yous are rare"


Man that seems backward to me. Why are we so afraid to recognize those that inspire, help or contribute to our lives in some way?

In honor of Friday the 13th and being strange, I want to thank the following people/groups:

  • my customers, for keeping me motivated to learn and constantly bring new ideas to the table. Anything less is a disservice to them.

  • my friends in BNI - Directly Connected, who have taught me a lot about the non-number side of business and inspire me to think entrepreneurial thoughts. I hope I can help you all grow your businesses.

  • my wife, Stefanie and my 2 children, for being there to celebrate my high satisfaction days and when I have a bad day - encouraging me to do better next time.

  • my colleagues in Thriveal CPA Network - who knew there were so many cool CPAs out there? You guys kick ass!

  • the folks at Verasage - who have opened my eyes and rejuvenated my excitement about this profession.

  • my parents, for not killing me when I dropped pre-med halfway through college.


There, that wasn't so hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment